1.5K views

Three days ago I purchased a new set of XD wheels and some 285/55R20 Terra Tracs for my brand new 2016 Sierra 2500 HD with 5k Miles.I chose these tires because I had great luck with them on my 1/2 ton.

The stock size on my 2500 was 20x9 with 275/65/20. The new Wheels are the same size and offset with a 285/55/R20 tire. Issue: There is a tremendous vibration at highway speeds. I have taken them back twice to have them checked because the vibration is so back I can hardly drive it.

The tech advised to put some miles on the tire to see if that helps? However, driving this truck and keeping it on the road is a huge safety concern. The wheels are a forged aluminum not cast wheel. The tech spun each wheel on the machine without the tire and they are true.

However when the tire is installed they take about 5.50 oz per wheel to balance out. Is it possible to the tires to be out of center causing the vibration?

Not a complain, just looking for possible solutions to resolve the vibration issue.Thanks

Review about: Hercules Tires Terra Trac At Ii Tires.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Hercules Tires?

Comments

Find someone with s Hunter road force machine you can tell very quickly if the tires are the problem

Hardwick, Minnesota, United States #1348267

they should not take that much weight 2.25 to 3.75 at most. always put the "heavy wheels" to the back and the lesser weight wheels to the front. they are problems outta round common with larger heavy ply tires

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1341198

Any tire should have lasted longer then 5000 miles, check front end and alignment angles